Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

DIY | The Best Play Dough Recipe Ever!!!

This hands down is the BEST play dough recipe that I have ever made!  Plus the added bonus is that it's all natural and safe.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Kosher salt (if you don't have Kosher, regular table salt works just as well)
3 cups flour
3 cups water
2 Tbsp. cream of tartar
3 Tbsp. cooking oil
2-3 drops food coloring**



Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a large saucepan.  Stir constantly over medium heat.  Mixture will become very think and lumpy.  When completely thickened, knead on a floured board until cool.  Store in a airtight container.



I received it from my mom who is a retired teacher a while ago but for one reason or another, I never got around to making it.  Because my job allows me to work from home, we only send my daughter to daycare three days a week.  That means that the other two days she is at home with me.  Last week was a very busy one for me and I knew I needed to have something lined up to occupy her while I got some work done.  I luckily came across the recipe for play dough that my mother had given me and decided to make it, and boy am I ever so glad I did.  Not only was it super easy to make, but she spent hours and hours playing with it and because of that I was able to get my work done.

One of the many masterpieces that she made.


SCORE!!

** I divided up the batch into five smaller batches and added the food coloring. 

If you try this recipe, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment