Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Getting Fit | Morning "go to" Breakfast

Mornings are extremely hectic in my household even during the summer months.  With 3 children that are extremely active in sports and other outside activities plus my busy work schedule, sometimes I find myself extremely rushed to sit down and have a good breakfast.  Oh I have tried grab and go bars and protein shakes but for some reason they never keep me satisfied until the next meal.  And let's not even think about skipping breakfast in the AM, we all know that is a big "no-no" especially when trying to lose weight.  I wanted to find something that was healthy, tastes great, and would provide me with that morning boost that I so desperately needed.  I was also looking for something that I could quickly whip up in a matter of seconds.

This is what I came up with...
To make this you will need:

Ingredients:
6oz. Chobani Greek Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
1 tbsp. Organic Blue Agave
1/4 c. Fresh Strawberries, halved
1/4 c. Fresh Blueberries
1 small Banana

Directions:
Rinse and dry the blueberries and strawberries and place into a bowl.  Slice the banana and add it to the blueberries and strawberries.  Next add the agave to the yogurt and mix well.  Pour the agave and yogurt mixture over the fresh fruit and enjoy.

Nutrition Facts: 283 calories; 54g carbohydrates; 0g fat; 19g protein

*This also makes a great dessert whenever you are craving something sweet to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment