Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Get Fit | Recommitting to the challenge


It’s funny how fast time goes.  It seems like just the other day that I received an email from Angela at Suwanee Magazine telling me that I was a finalist and now we’re at the half way mark.  Yes, we are now six months into the challenge…where did the time go?  Today, we all met at the Suwanee Magazine office to find out about the new point system and all of the amazing prizes that we can win (more about that in a later post).  Talk about excited, I mean who doesn’t like winning prizes?!?!?!  It was also good to see and connect with the other contestants; to hear about their successes and learn of their struggles.  Listening to their stories reminded me that I am not alone in this journey. 

At this point in the challenge, I find that I am at a standstill.  I am having a hard time getting out of “vacation mode” and getting back into my normal workout schedule.  Oh and let’s not talk about my eating.  Not that I have been eating badly, it’s just that I have been eating all the things that I gave up previously (gluten, sugar, corn, etc.) and I can feel it; I feel sluggish, bloated and just yuck.  I don’t like this feeling, I loathe this feeling, yet I continue to do nothing about it.  Why?

Today during our meeting, Angela suggested that we read our entry emails to remind ourselves of the “why” we wanted to be a part of the challenge and to recommit ourselves to getting fit and healthy.  Since I submitted a video, I immediately pulled it up when I got home.  Watching it was just what I needed.  I was reminded that my reasons for wanting to be a contestant in the challenge were quite simple – to get healthy for once and for all for not only myself but also for my family.  I want to be around to see my children graduate high school, college, watch them get married and start their own family and I want to be around for my grandchildren. 

So today, I am recommitting myself to the challenge and more importantly committing to myself that I will get back on track and accomplish my goal of living an active and healthy life.





Here’s to better health!
Erika


No comments:

Post a Comment