Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What can you do in 90 days?

Yesterday while talking to a good friend, I mentioned that I couldn't believe that I only have roughly 90 (give or take a few) days left in the Suwanee Magazine Get Fit Challenge.  I was sharing with her that I was a little disappointed in my progress thus far.  I had hoped at this point I would at least be 30 pounds down with another 10 to 20 left to go.  But that isn't the case.  As of today I stand at a firm 15 pound weight loss since the start of the challenge back in March.  Now some may see that as a success however I don't.  Going into the challenge I set very high expectations of myself and to have not lived up to those expectations...well it's just NOT acceptable in my book.  Sure I could sit here and run down a list of "why" I haven't lost more but truthfully I have no excuse.  I simply didn't put in all the work, all the time to be where I had hoped I would be.  So after beating myself up to my friend for what felt like hours, she politely interrupted me and simply stated that a lot can happen in just 90 days.   I just had to dig deep, really commit myself to the goal and focus.

She is right, a lot can be accomplished in just 90 days.  However in order to be successful it's going to take a LOT of hard work, dedication and lots and lots of focus.  Last night, as I reflected on the past 7 months of the challenge, I was able to identify all of the things that I have been doing right and those areas that need improvement.  I took the time to re-write out my goals for the next 90 days and also identified the steps needed in order to succeed.  The plan is in place...the only thing left was to put it in action.

This morning, after dropping off my high schooler at 6:30 am, I headed off to Fit Forward for what turned out to be a tough but rewarding workout.

  • Step #1 - Get Out of Bed and Workout --> COMPLETE!
Now I just have 89 more days to go!  





No comments:

Post a Comment