Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Healing

Meds for my injuryDuring our spring break with the kids, I pulled/strained my pectoral muscle.  When I got back home I immediately went to see Dr. Cohl at Synergy Release Sports for some much needed fixing up.  Dr. Cohl's area of speciality is Applied Kinesiology which is a form of diagnosis using muscle testing to examine how a person's body is functioning.  It falls into the holistic health category. 

The last two week of April I was hitting the gm HARD working out at Fit Forward in the morning while getting in some much needed cardio in the evening with my daily run/walks.  I was also seeing Dr. Cohl to treat this pulled/strained pectoral muscle issue.  After a few treatments I was feeling better, still in pain but it wasn't nearly as bad as it was before seeing Dr. Cohl.  I felt like I was on the road to recovery but boooooy was I wrong. 

I first felt this sharp pain shoot through the left side of my chest on Friday.  It happened a few times hours apart from each other so I really didn't give it too much thought.  It happened again on Saturday, but again, I ignored it and kept on plowing through the day.  But on Sunday, I was singing a different tune.  The pain was sharp, frequent and boy oh boy did it hurt!  It hurt to cough, sneeze, raise my arms, sit, stand....it just HURT.  The pain was sharp and quick and I didn't know what was happening.  Along with the sharp pain in my chest, I was also feeling muscle soreness in my triceps and a tingling sensation in my arm and hand, like it was getting ready to go to sleep.  By this time I am almost in panic mode.

So bright and early this morning I met with my physician to see what in the heck was happening.  After running a series of test and a complete exam, it was determined that the inflammation from the injury could possible be pinching a nerve which is why I was feeling the numbness in my arm and the sharp bolts of pain in my chest.  The remedy...Ibuprofen, muscle relaxers (if needed) and lots of rest.

This week my focus is to heal...to rest...to listen to my body and take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment